what is the life expectancy for a person who has cirrhosis?

Persons with cirrhosis can live for many years if their liver disease remains "compensated". If "decompensated" disease occurs, then survival without a liver transplant is shorter. Decompensation means the development of liver related complications, such as ascites (fluid in the abdomen) or bleeding esophageal varices (blood vessels that burst and hemorrhage). However, liver transplantation can be life-saving.

I would speak with your doctor to get information that is relevant to your particular situation and would also be certain to be immunized against hepatitis A or B (if you have not been exposed) and stay away from alcohol. Also be certain to ask your doctor about any use of over the counter drugs or herbal medications to be certain that they are safe for your use.

Please interpret my HBV DNA test result.
HCV Scare.