Please interpret my HBV DNA test result.

Hi Good PM. I am Diagnose with HEpa B last year the results of my HBV DNA was more than 110,000,000 IU/ml my Doctor have prescribe me to take baraclude for 1 year. Last May of this year after undergoing HBV DNA test the result drops to 10 IU/ml. Please interpret the significance ofthis drop in my tet reults. And does it indicates that weather I am still infectious or not?

What I suspect is that your result is <10 IU/ml which means that your virus is not detected any longer.

Viral suppression is an excellent result. You will want to discuss with your doctor the length of your therapy. If you have HBeAg negative infection, you will want to stay on treatment for several years to come. If you have HBeAg positive infection, you will want to check to see if you have lost your eAg and have gained eAb (e antibody). Once this occurs, I usually treat for another 6 to 12 months.

You have obviously done an excellent job taking your medications - Congratulations. This is critically important in getting the type of result you have achieved. In addition, the risk of drug resistance is low when viral suppression is achieved.

hepa B screening result
cirrhosis