3 months against PCR testing???

Hi Doc,

I believe I posted my question in the wrong forum earlier... I guess i'm one of the persons waiting those 3-6 months that is so anxious that writes to u...I'm really scared like all the people who writes and even with psychiatric help i'm about to flip out... It's been 1 month since my exposure and I got a p24/antibodies neg test. on the 27th day. They told it's quite encouraging. I'm worried to death about hep C and HIV 'cause i've been having nauseas, diarrheas, and flu-like sensation, etc. My GGT is about double the normal, no other enzymes modified. If I get a proviral HIV or RNA and a PCR for hep C on this week do I still need to wait 3 months for both antibodies tests? I really hope u could answer, anxiety is killing me and I can't afford spending in a 1000 tests 'cause i've still got to pay this years' college tuition. It's great to find out see there are serious forums with people like u. My best always,

P.

Thank you for your kind comments.

If HCV RNA or HIV RNA is not detected - yes this will be excellent news. Conservatively, we still recommend antibody follow-up later, but I assure you, your results will most certainly be good.

Remember the anxiety of this moment and put it towards good use - always have safe sex for your own protection......

the vaccine question help
hepatitis c