Please answer... everyday checking your website for answer

Hi Dr. Barbara, I am an expat living and working here in UAE, and just recently discovered only (May 2009) that I was infected with Hepatitis. The following results are as follows: HBs AG [+] (Count = 2.240 | Cut off value= .0231); HBe Ag [] (Count = .079 | Cut off value = 1); Anti HBs [+] (Count = .012 | Cut off value = .0042); Anti HBe [+] (Count = .003 | Cut off value = 1); Anti HBc = [+] (Count .004 | Cut off value .457). As per the liver lab results my SGPOT = 30 u/l & SGPT = 92 u/l, the ultrasound result was echoefree gallbladder and slight hepatomegaly with mild fatty liver change. Now, the UAE law for medical test has been changed and HBV test was included, I am about to renew my visa and need to undergo a med test again. I know that the result would come to positive. My question is; is there any medicine that will temporarily make my hepatitis undetectable on the time of med exam. I know that this is a cheating but my future was defending on this job and I hate to admit of going back to my country because of this situation. My other questions are; how does the lab results looks like is it acute or chronic? What additional test that I should undergo to make the findings completely reliable? Based on the lab results, am I really infected with the virus? The doctor prescribed me a Sylimarin that I will take 2x a day then he advise me to come back for a test after 6 mos. Doctor, please I need your advice and answer on every question. I am completely distress. Your reply will greatly and mostly appreciated. Thanks and God bless you more!

You will need to discuss this further with your own personal physician to be certain that I am interpreting your tests correctly - the way they are coming across in this format is unclear to me.

It appears that your surface Antigen and your surface antibody are both positive. This is highly unusual which makes me suspect of the results overall.

I would be certain that your surface antigen had confirmatory testing - if not, this test can be misleading. Your doctor should speak with the laboratory supervisor; he or she may want to repeat the full panel of testing with a test of HBV DNA as well - as measure of virus in the blood.

Dr, it's my 3rd time to asking some Q?
HIV or Hepatitis Concern?