Hbeag negative from positive

I had my Hbeag taken again last week after nine years of being infected with Hep b and the result showed non- reactive, it showed 0.230 and the cut-off value is 1.000. I have not taken any medications since I was positive for Hbeag positive nine years aso.

My anti-HBs is non reactive with a result of 2.0 IU/L and the cut- off value is 10 IU/L.

My SGOT is 44.34 (reference value is 40 U/L). SGPT is 37.94 ( reference value is 41 U/L).

I did not have a complete hep b profile due to lack of financial resources. I think that I am still positive for hbsag considering the result of my anti- HBs, do you also think so?

This forum has been helpful. I hope to hear answers from you again.

Thank you once again.

I suspect that you are right - that you still have chronic infection. I suspect you may have e antigen negative infection.

However, the other possibility is that you have lost e antigen and are in the process of seroconverting to a positive e antibody consistent with seroconversion - which would be good news.

The lab that would be most helpful is a HBV DNA test - it will tell you whether your infection is active or not. However, since your SGOT and SGPT (enzyme tests for the liver) are near normal, most doctors would not treat you just yet even if you did have virus in your blood.

If there is no detectable DNA then you will be more reassured. Then you would eventually want to get a Hepatitis E antibody test to see if you developed seroconversion (eg, e antigen positive to e antibody positive)

Continue to follow regularly with your doctor to decide which tests you may want to order in light of your financial restraints.

Best regards....

how to find Heptitis Antigen + or - from numbers?
hipatitis b,c