|viral is 350,cannot considered healed?
Jul 20, 2009
a friend of mine has hepa b, the doctor said his viral load is so low, it is dormant, why is it not considered healed?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis B lives within the liver cell in the nucleus where it can reactivate years later. That is why it is important to get good follow-up over time to assess HBV activity.
Hepatitis C lives in the cytoplasm so it is easier to eradicate.
Hepatitis C from a graze from hair clippers at a Barbara shop
- Can Hiv Symptoms Show Up Within A Week?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- Can I Know If I'm Hiv Positive After 2 Weeks Of Infected?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Can Hpv Be Mistaken For In Women?
- What Are The Short-term Effects Of Syphilis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.