|Boyfriend has had Hepatitis B & C
Jul 15, 2009
My boyfriend has told me he has had Hepatitis B & C. What will the risk be if I become intimate with him? Can a B Vaccine protect me fully? He says he is cured of the C. Can it transmit through saliva?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Hepatitis C is not transmitted by saliva. Use of condoms should be protective with sexual intercourse. Hepatitis B vaccine is extremely effective. You will want the whole series of shots and to check your surface antibody afterwards to be certain that it worked.
Can HCV patient take testosterone injection or sex hormone
waiting your answer
- Is Tingling Lips A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Picking Your Nose
- Cold Feet After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.