Change Medicine from Hespsera to Viread

Hello Doctor. I am very worry. I have been using Hepsera for four years and now my blood test show that is not really working for me anymore. So my doctor cahnge my medicine to Viread. My worry is that am afraid to change from adefovir(hepsera ) to Tenofovir(Viread) without any complication. Or should I continue taking Hepsera with Viread for a week before I switch completely to Viread alone. Please Help and I thank you.

You will need careful follow-up to see if switching to Tenofovir will be effective. Tenofovir has been shown to be sometimes effective in patients who did not have the best effect with adefovir. However, if your viral load is not responding soon I would want to switch (or add) another HBV medication in a different class. Adefovir and tenofovir are closely related drugs.

Risk of infection
Can HCV patient take testosterone injection or sex hormone