For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Risk of infection

This may be ridiculous, so I apologise if I'm wasting time.

I have OCD which has made me worried recently about Hepatitis. I was preparing food recently, and nicked my finger on a knife. There was a small amount of blood, but I didn't see any on the knife so I just wiped it on my trouser leg and carried on (stupid, I know but I just didn't think).

What are the chances I could have infected other people were I positive for any strain of the virus?

Hepatitis C is transmitted mainly by blood to blood exposure. Ingesting virus would not lead to infection.

Affects of steroid use when patient has Hep C
Change Medicine from Hespsera to Viread