acute hcv with normalised LFT

Hello Doctor, Thank you very much for answering my previous question. I am writing here in continuity of my question answered by you on July 3, 2009 under the heading of "Hello Doctor Barbarathanks in advance for reply Jul 3, 2009 " I am diagnosed Acute HCV and my LFT is normal. My Doctor does not recommend treatment at this stage till my LFT is normal. He asked me to visit him again with fresh LFT and PCR Qualitative on 1st October 2009. Yesterday I visited another Doctor for opinion who says that i should not wait and start treatment alones with Pegasys 180ug , Ribazole 400mg.. I am very much confused. What do you think about it? Since my LFT has normalized and may be a contraindication for treatment with pegasys. What are other approved medications available in the market. Though I am not sure its availability in Pakistan. Thanks

If you have acute HCV, I would monitor your HCV RNA for about 10 to 12 weeks at monthly intervals. If you do not clear by 12 weeks, I would treat you for your hepatitis C infection for about 24 weeks.

Your liver function test results do not influence me in my treatment decisions. However, they make me suspicious that you have already cleared so I would check your HCV RNA again before you make any treatment decisions.

My doctor doesn't recommend treatment for Hep C at this time.
treatment of increased ALT after 4 yrs of therapy with combination INF and ribavarin