My doctor doesn't recommend treatment for Hep C at this time.

I was diagnosed with Hep C years ago. I've HIV positive for twenty years and on meds with an undetectable viral load. I have had two liver biopsies with the result stage 0 grade 1 and then stage 1 grade 1. My hep viral load has stayed at the 6 million level. My new doc says since I have had pancreatitis in the past and that my hep c viral load isn't that high, we should put off treatment for now. Do you recommend this? I've had other docs say they wouldn't wait too long to start treatment. What do you think? Thanks for helping me in the past by the way.

If you have genotype 1 infection, it may be reasonable to wait for the newer medications which will be combined with interferon and ribavirin...These new medications will hopefully increase the chance of cure and decrease the duration of treatment needed. There will be studies forthcoming in coinfected patients...

The good news is that you disease is on the mild side but I would certainly keep on top of this. You may consider a non-invasive serum marker at this point (a simple blood test like Fibrotest or Fibrosure) to see if your blood testing matches your liver biopsy. If so, then you could get annual blood sampling. I would also avoid alcohol. Be certain you are immunized against hepatitis A and B as well. Also keep yourself trim with a good diet and exercise so you don't put yourself at risk for fatty liver.

PCR Positive now what shall i do for managment
acute hcv with normalised LFT