PCR Positive now what shall i do for managment

Manny thanks DR. Barbara McGovern M.D. Previously i have posted following question and your answer recieved which has also been mentioned below (I have gone through a Elisa method test. The result are Patient Value=>3.00 Cut off Value=0.136. Please tell me about the situation and what it means?)

Advertisement > Response from Dr. McGovern

If you are at risk for hepatitis C, then this test probably means that you were infected with hepatitis C in the past. The next step would be to check a viral load (HCV RNA) to determine if you have chronic infection.

If you are not at risk for hepatitis C, then this test could be falsely positive. In this case, you may want to get a confirmatory test (RIBA).

I have gone through a Elisa method test. The result are Patient Value=>3.00 Cut off Value=0.136. Please tell me about the situation and what it means?

> Response from Dr. McGovern

Now i want to tell you that i have also gone through a test PCR(Qulatativ) which was found positive. So now what should i do. Please help me about my food and advice for further managment. Thanks a lot for guidence

The RIBA indicates that this is a true positive test. You should now get HCV RNA testing to see if you cleared the infection or if it is chronic.

Discontinue the therapy
My doctor doesn't recommend treatment for Hep C at this time.