Discontinue the therapy
Jul 11, 2009
July 07 2009
Dear Barabara, Hope you are doing fine. Please see my status as follows:
I am 38 years old, Man. HBsAg positive from November 2006. Details as follows :
1. After eight months of treatment (Adefovir 10 Mg) DNA comes negative.
2. DNA Negative 3 times. ( last done on June 11,2009), last medicine was Sebibo 600 tablet.
3. HBeAg is Negative & Anti HBeAg is Positive from beginning.
My doctor stop medicine on 15 June ,09 as DNA come negative 3 times and advise me to follow up ( to make SGPT after 3 months) and repeat DNA after 6 months.
Please advise is their any possibly to come DNA positive and if come what should i do?
Doctor , I need your kind help and prompt response as i am much worry for that.
Wishing your good health to support the helpless people like us.
Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you have HBeAntigen negative infection. Patients with this type of infection often need long term therapy.
You have had ongoing viral suppression for a long time it appears. You have stopped medications on 6/15/09 with good results so far but it is very early. My advice would be to check your HBV DNA in about 2 to 3 months to see if your virus is returning. I would want to check this earlier so you can jump back on treatment if the virus is back - no matter how low. Low level viremia is much easier to quickly suppress than high level viremia. Also rapid viral suppression decreases the risk of drug resistance.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Rubbing Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash In Hand From Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.