Discontinue the therapy

July 07 2009

Dear Barabara, Hope you are doing fine. Please see my status as follows:

I am 38 years old, Man. HBsAg positive from November 2006. Details as follows :

1. After eight months of treatment (Adefovir 10 Mg) DNA comes negative.

2. DNA Negative 3 times. ( last done on June 11,2009), last medicine was Sebibo 600 tablet.

3. HBeAg is Negative & Anti HBeAg is Positive from beginning.

My doctor stop medicine on 15 June ,09 as DNA come negative 3 times and advise me to follow up ( to make SGPT after 3 months) and repeat DNA after 6 months.

Please advise is their any possibly to come DNA positive and if come what should i do?

Doctor , I need your kind help and prompt response as i am much worry for that.

Wishing your good health to support the helpless people like us.

Ratan

It appears that you have HBeAntigen negative infection. Patients with this type of infection often need long term therapy.

You have had ongoing viral suppression for a long time it appears. You have stopped medications on 6/15/09 with good results so far but it is very early. My advice would be to check your HBV DNA in about 2 to 3 months to see if your virus is returning. I would want to check this earlier so you can jump back on treatment if the virus is back - no matter how low. Low level viremia is much easier to quickly suppress than high level viremia. Also rapid viral suppression decreases the risk of drug resistance.

Anti HAV Igm is non reactive, Anti HAV total ir reactive
PCR Positive now what shall i do for managment