I am co infected with HIV & HCV... Please explain lab results

I am on combination therapy for hiv and have been udetectable for some time with cd4 at 1400 but recently infected with hpe c. Just had some lab results in and need them explained to me. Total lymphocytes H 4.503, absolute CD3 count H 3.557, Absolute CD4 count 1.439, Absolute CD8 count H 1.933, Absolute CD19 count H 0.613, Absolute CD16 +CD56 count 0.337. % of CD3+ T Cells 78, % of CD4 T cells 32, % of CD8+ T cells 43, % of CD19+ B Cells 13, % of CD16+CD56 NK cells L7, CD4:CD8 ratio 0.74, Hep C Viral load HCV RNA level=248 IU/ML, HIV viral Load <50, Hep C genotype not successfully performed because HCV RNA was undetectable in this sample. What do all those mean? many thanks,

The only important information is that your CD4 T cell counts are excellent and your HCV RNA level was so low that they could not figure out what type of infection you have. That is great news because hopefully you will clear the virus on your own without treatment (eg, spontaneous clearance).

You will need careful follow-up. I would check serial HCV RNAs monthly until you clear the virus. Then I would check again for HCV RNA at six months again to be certain that you have cleared this virus for good. Sometimes the immune system can become weaker and the virus can "escape".

Remember that you can get HCV again - infection is NOT protective against future infections. Next time you may not be as lucky to clear so please be very careful.

hep c
Hepatitis from sea water