hep c

i have had recent labs drawn my alt is 219 and ast 159. when are they considered to be too high. i did treatment in back in 2000 enzymes returned to normal bot my hiv meds failed. i found out in 86 that i was hiv.

It is hard for me to advise you because there is not enough information here.

However, I will tell you that liver function tests can be abnormal from several reasons:

1. A new viral hepatitis 2. Drug injury 3. Fatty liver 4. Alcohol 5. Other liver diseases.

I would have your doctor evaluate other causes of disease, but the other possibility is that this is just the waxing and waning of LFTs seen with chronic hepatitis C infection. Be certain to see a doctor who is expert in the liver. Either an infectious disease doctor or a hepatologist.

Lab report interpretation NEEDED
I am co infected with HIV & HCV... Please explain lab results