Jul 3, 2009
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would definitely stay on your HIV medications. This will help your immune system and it is also good to have your HIV suppressed since there are some data to suggest that active HIV can irritate the liver.
Before you go on interferon, you should notice your CD4 count and percentage. On treatment, your CD4 count will go down but your percentage should remain about the same. I use the percentage to follow my patients who are on interferon.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.