Jul 3, 2009
I have been reactive to HBsAg since year 2000 and I was just advised to have my anti- HBs tested. The result of my anti- HBs is non reactive with count of 2.0 IU/L, the cut-off value us 10UL/L. What does it men Doctor? What other tests should I undergo to know if I am infectious? Thank you so much and more power.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
To know if you are infectious, you should get a hepatitis B DNA test.
I would not expect your surface antibody to be reactive if you have a reactive hepatitis B surface antigen test - the two tests are usually not reactive at the same time since HBsAg means chronic infection and the surface antibody means you are protected against infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Anal With Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.