Anti-HBs result

Dear Doctor:

I have been reactive to HBsAg since year 2000 and I was just advised to have my anti- HBs tested. The result of my anti- HBs is non reactive with count of 2.0 IU/L, the cut-off value us 10UL/L. What does it men Doctor? What other tests should I undergo to know if I am infectious? Thank you so much and more power.

To know if you are infectious, you should get a hepatitis B DNA test.

I would not expect your surface antibody to be reactive if you have a reactive hepatitis B surface antigen test - the two tests are usually not reactive at the same time since HBsAg means chronic infection and the surface antibody means you are protected against infection.

blood on fingre
hiv & hep-b ,both undetectable