Jul 3, 2009
I have been reactive to HBsAg since year 2000 and I was just advised to have my anti- HBs tested. The result of my anti- HBs is non reactive with count of 2.0 IU/L, the cut-off value us 10UL/L. What does it men Doctor? What other tests should I undergo to know if I am infectious? Thank you so much and more power.
Response from Dr. McGovern
To know if you are infectious, you should get a hepatitis B DNA test.
I would not expect your surface antibody to be reactive if you have a reactive hepatitis B surface antigen test - the two tests are usually not reactive at the same time since HBsAg means chronic infection and the surface antibody means you are protected against infection.
blood on fingre
hiv & hep-b ,both undetectable
- Loose Stool Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.