|What is the implication of having hep A in the past?
Jul 3, 2009
If I have infection of Hep A in the past (yrs ago), does that mean that I am a carrier of hep A and can pass it to present and future partner? What could be done to protect partner from getting it?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Good question. Hepatitis A does NOT cause chronic liver disease. Once it clears from your body, it is not an issue whatsoever. No need for worry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Jock Itch Worried It Could Be Ars
- Sore On Tongue Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Bronchitis After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.