do need test for HBV DANA?

Good day doc; Im a Filipina I recently diagnose that I am a Hepatitis B patient last June 03, 2009 in Dubai. So I go home philippines for further treatment. My test SGPT is normal (21.95),HBeAg is Non-Reactive, Anti-HBe is Reactive, anti-HCV is non reactive and my usd-HBT, qb, liver or ultrasound on my liver.the result is normal in size and configuration. My doc. gave me for now a GODEX Capsule a vit. for my liver. She recomend me for HBV DANA test, do I need to have that test since my liver is normal? And what is the best medicine to take to lessen the virus in my blood to treat me also... please answer me quickly doc. ans is there any medicine available like your medicine in our country.. please answer me.. thank you and more power

I cannot tell what Godex is but I do NOT suspect it is an antiviral medication.

If you have a reactive hepatitis B surface antigen, you certainly have chronic HBV infection. However, I only know if it is active infection if you have detectable virus, measured by HBV DNA.

If your DNA is not detectable and your SGPT and other liver function tests remain normal, you do not need treatment for HBV.

It is important to get serial follow-up to be certain that this remains the same.

hepatitis
Cut off value patiet value Hepatites c