|hep lab results
Jun 28, 2009
15 YEAR OLD SONS RESULTS ALSO ELEVATED LIVER ENZYMES AST OF 37 ALT OF 76
HEPATITIS PANEL (LABS) HB S AB,QL= REACTIVE HB S AG W/REFLUX CONF= NOTHING LISTED HB S AG: NON REACTIVE HEPATITIS A AB TOTOAL W/REFLUX: NOTHING LISTED HEPATITIS A AB, TOTAL= NON REACTIVE HB CORE AB, TOTAL= NON REACTIVE HEPATITIS C AB= NON REACTIVE SIGNAL TO CUTOFF RATION= 0.06
DOES HE HAVE HEP B OR DID IT GO AWAY? IS HE A CARRIER FOR LIFE?
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your son just shows evidence of vaccination against hepatitis B. He does not have the infection.
If your son is overweight, the elevated tests may be from fatty liver.
Stage 4 Cirrhosis
- Is White Tongue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Rash After Licking Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Licking Anus Worried I Have
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.