|HCV and HIV compared
Jun 28, 2009
Dear Dr. Barbara:
I have a science question for you.
If you compare HCV with HIV from a nosocomial perspective which of the two viruses is more infective ?
Is the human body more receptive to HCV or HIV. I am sure there are other factors but i need to know what you think is more likely to embed in people.
In a needle stick which virus survives longer or are they equal ? Has this been studied ?
Response from Dr. McGovern
The risk of transmission depends on the route.
hep c alt/ast
- Can You Transmit Hpv When You Have No Warts?
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Genital Herpes While Using A Condom?
- What Is The Best Way To Keep Bacterial Vaginosis Away?
- How To Tell Partner You Have Chlamydia?
- Symptoms Of Genital Herpes The Day After Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.