hep c alt/ast

just got my labs back alt is 219 and ast 159. my cd4/% 265/18 v/l is 49. did hep c treatment in 2000 v/l was 5mil went undetectable. but hiv meds failed. long term survivor stated to do the studies in 86, diagnosed with aids in 92. clean and sober since 90. my ? is when are alt/ast levels considered dangerous.

I would be concerned if your labs were 10 above the normal limits. I suspect that they are more in the 5x abnormal range (each lab is slightly different).

The more important question is whether you are having jaundice, right upper belly pain, nausea or vomiting. These symptoms would be concerning in light of your elevated ALT.

Sounds like you suppressed HCV on treatment in 2000. Would expect that this was before you had access to pegylated interferon (this came out around 2004) so would expect you to have a better outcome if you tried it again. It is also possible that your viral load for HCV may be at a lower level which would be good for treatment response.

supplements with HIV HCV coinfection
HCV and HIV compared