supplements with HIV HCV coinfection

I was wondering if it was ok to take whey protein while I have HIV HCV coinfection. My HIV numbers are ok, viral load undetectable and Tcells 692, HCV low. Don't recall. I havent started the interferon treatment. I just went thru a liver biopsy and waiting for results before the doctor decides to start interferon or wait for the new treatment with the Polymerasa. I want to continue going to the gym and take care of my weight. I am aware I cant overdo it and put more strain on my liver. Thx for your assistance.

I am not aware of any problems with this supplement, but would just let your doctor know about any other dietary/supplements/herbal remedies/over the counter medications you are taking.

As for the exercise idea - I would like to encourage you to do this very much. My patients who exercise seem to tolerate interferon better than those who do not.

pleeeeeeease answer.
hep c alt/ast