Very worried Mother please help

Dear Dr Barbara,

I am sorry to trouble you. I have OCD and my problems particularly centre around Hep B/C and HIV for this reason I don't know how rational I am being. My daughter came home from school the other day and told me her and her best-friend are now "blood-sisters". My daughter fell and got a scrape on her leg which was bleeding a little. Before going to the school medical room for a band-aid my daughter and her friend went to the school toilets and my daughter's friend touched her scrape with a healing cut. My daughter does not think her friends cut was bleeding. I am very worried that my daughter may have contacted something from her friend as her friend has done this ritual previously with other children in the class and went on holiday last year to India (where I believe Hep B/C is common although I thought it unlikely that a child would be engaging in any high-risk activities). How soon can I get my daughter tested. My family doctor doesn't seem concerned.

I agree with your doctor that there is probably no risk with a healing cut. Transmission requires blood to blood contact. You may want to bring this event to the attention of the school nurse so he or she can educate the girl.

mild hapatomegaly
thank you D.R barbara