|effects of drugs while on hep c treatment
Jun 28, 2009
how do painkillers and alcohol effect hep c treatment?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I can't comment on "pain killers" since this is a broad term. I use NSAIDS and acetominophen (for example, Motrin and Tylenol) to treat joint aches and discomfort while my patients are on interferon which works very well. As for alcohol, I advise no use since alcohol is an immunosuppressant and will work against the the very outcome you are hoping for. Also alcohol can increase HCV virus replication.
i dont know if i need to treat
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Does Monistat Cure Vaginal Thrush?
- Over The Counter Products That Test For Vaginal Infections
- What Vaginal Infections Does Metronidazole Treat?
- Accuracy Of An Hiv Test At 8 Weeks
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.