Hepatitis B or C from a Fly-No Info Out There!!!!

Dear Dr. McGovern-

I recently squished a fly (not sure what type) in my house, and there was a reminent of it's blood on the chair, then the dead fly landed on a rug.

My questions is: I know some flies suck on human blood.....so....if I have an open cut on my hand (which I often do), and it touches the blood from the fly on the chair or rug (wet or dry), can I get Hepatitis B or C from it? I read that Hepatitis B can live outside the body for quite some time, so this especially concerns me. Plus, I'm pregnant and more paranoid than normal. From the sound of it on your website, it appears that you cannot get HIV from insects, so I guess I shouldn't ask you about that (right?) But, I'd like to know about Hepatitis B & C please. The only information I can find is about insect BITES, but I cannot find anything on infected blood from a squished fly....

Thanks so much for your input. I really appreciate it!

You would not be at risk from getting hepatitis B or C from a fly.

can i work ?
i dont know if i need to treat