High SGPT and SGOT while taking Pegasys

Why should i have high ALT (302) and high SGOT (185) after my 4th shot of Pegasys 180? I did the test of HBS Ag before treatment and it was 15,700 and after the 4th shot it dropped down to 4,960! I asked my doctor and he said that this is a good indicator that your treatment is working, is this true? What about if my ALT kept rising? Will it have bad affect on my liver?

Thanks,

It is very possible that the interferon shots are causing your immune system to fight the hepatitis virus that is in your liver.

That said, I would want you to have careful close monitoring to be certain that these blood tests don't continue to rise.

HCV in semen?
Please interpret my lab result.... and what follow up do you recommend?