Hep C cure

I was treated for Hep C with Rebetrol in 2002 and was told that the virus was dead. I was re-tested 1 year later to ensure there was still no trace of the virus.

Insurance companies will not accept me because I once had Hep C (decline) and also because I had taken interferon (decline). Everyone that I speak to about the matter thinks Hep C in not curable.

Why doesn't the medical community make clear that Hep C can be cured?

Also, it was determined that I had the European strain and only needed to take the medication for 6 months.

I would ask your doctor to write a letter to the insurance company telling them that you are cured of your hepatitis C infection. It could potentially help.

Hello doctor.. hope u answer my question:)