|Hepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Jun 12, 2009
gud day.im a nurse and i had a needle pricked just this morning.i already received a tetanus toxoid vaccine and my patient's case was "live birth fr. delivered NSVD, MD,MAS. i had my anti HBs checked last may which has a >1000 result.is TT enough?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Yes your hepatitis B antibody test shows an adequate level of protective antibodies. You will want also baseline HIV and hepatitis C antibodies for your own protection. These should be done routinely and follow up testing is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Have Hiv From A One Night Stand?
- Can You Get Hiv From Shaving Bumps On Your Pubic Hair Shaving?
- Can You Get Hiv Transmitted Through Shaving Bumps?
- What Is The Medicine Omeprazole Used For And Can You Take If You Are Hiv Positive?
- Can People With Hiv Become Us Citizens?
- Can Hepatitis Cause Body Sores?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.