Jun 3, 2009
What are your opinions with alcohol intake with patients who were acutely infected or were chronic and delveloped anitbodies?
Response from Dr. McGovern
What constitutes a "safe" level of alcohol intake is not known.
I tell my patients that if they want a glass of wine or beer once a day, that this would be reasonable.
However, I tell my cirrhotic patients to drink no alcohol whatsoever.
So it really depends on your disease stage.
Gentype 1A Hep C
Need Urgent Suggestion
- Can You Get HIV From Touching A Bloody Scab?
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Antibiotics Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Genital Herpes From A Cold Sore?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your Body?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.