Jun 3, 2009
What are your opinions with alcohol intake with patients who were acutely infected or were chronic and delveloped anitbodies?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
What constitutes a "safe" level of alcohol intake is not known.
I tell my patients that if they want a glass of wine or beer once a day, that this would be reasonable.
However, I tell my cirrhotic patients to drink no alcohol whatsoever.
So it really depends on your disease stage.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Percentage Of People In The Usa Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does Herpes On Your Mouth Look Like?
- What Does Herpes Around The Anus Look Like?
- What Can You Do To Make A Person More Comfortable Who Has Shingles?
- Topical Creams For Relief For Genital Herpes
- Topical Cream To Soothe Genital Herpes Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.