|Gentype 1A Hep C
Jun 3, 2009
My fiancee' was diagnosed with Geno1A. Should he get a 2nd opionion before he starts the treatment? I also had myself checked & don't show any signs. I have been with him 9 yrs. Will I get this hep C, too?
Response from Dr. McGovern
1. If he has significant liver disease it is reasonable to proceed.
2. Discordant monogamous couples can transmit HCV - but it is uncommon (about 1 to 2%). Use of condoms reduces that risk to virtually zero.
Morbid obesity and treatment
- HIV Risk Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.