|Gentype 1A Hep C
Jun 3, 2009
My fiancee' was diagnosed with Geno1A. Should he get a 2nd opionion before he starts the treatment? I also had myself checked & don't show any signs. I have been with him 9 yrs. Will I get this hep C, too?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
1. If he has significant liver disease it is reasonable to proceed.
2. Discordant monogamous couples can transmit HCV - but it is uncommon (about 1 to 2%). Use of condoms reduces that risk to virtually zero.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does White Tongue Mean I Have AIDS?
- Is Penis Discharge An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Blisters After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Open Mouth Kissing What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.