|about to wed but she has hepatitis b (URGENT)
Jun 3, 2009
we are about to get married but just discovered that she has hepatitis b after a recent lab test. she has no symtoms whatsoever. i would like to know the following pleaseeeee 1. can she be completely cured? 2. how long would it take? 3. what drugs should she use for the cure (if there's one)? 4. what are the chances of passing it to our offsprings?. i'm taking the vaccine now. is it best i leave her? i love her soooo much wat do i do??
Response from Dr. McGovern
1. There are many drugs available to treat hepatitis B. 2. The vaccine is extremely efficacious. After getting all three shots I would advocate for checking a surface antibody to be certain the vaccine was effective. This vaccine is extremely efficacious overall. 3. I would use condoms until you know your surface antibody status. 4. Yes you can certainly have children. She will need to let her OB doctor know her status so the baby can also be vaccinated.
Medical advancement and future of hepatitis therapy
- Itchy Rash After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- What Kinds Of Infections Could Cause A Brown Discharge?
- What Vaginal Infections Does Metronidazole Treat?
- Are Post Nasal Drip And Dry Cough Signs Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.