|Hcv from mans laceration
Jun 3, 2009
I live in Chicago and the other day I was walking home when a homeless man from a drug rehab center came out and asked for money. I told him I didn't have any (which I didn't) and shook his hand bye. When I got to a more lit area I saw I had blood on my hands and on my fingers. So my question is if this man had hcv or HIV could either have gotten under my nails and caused infection? I would very much appreciate what you have to say! Please respond! Is there any way I could have contracted either virus from this?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Blood borne viruses usually require blood so blood exposure - blood on intact skin would not lead to virus transmission.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Stinging Pain During Seroconversion
- Ear Infection After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.