May 29, 2009
Thank you Doctor to answer my question on May 12,2009. My new test report shown HBsAG=Positive, HBsAB=178.21, HB core AB=08.00, HB A AB-IGM=0.21, HB c AB=Negative and ALT=71, AST=111 and Hep B Virus bDNA=9,443,489 Please tell since how long in past I had this diagnosed. I'm 49 year of age. Thak you for your time.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I suspect your core IgG antibody is positive and the core IgM is negative. I suspect that you have chronic hepatitis B and you will need serial follow up of your liver function tests (every 3 to 6 months). If they continue to be abnormal with viremia, I would consider getting an ultrasound, and an alfa feto protein, and starting treatment.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.