|Should I worry?
May 29, 2009
I am pregnant and I work in the dental field. I got poked by an instrument but i didn't bleed do I still need to worry?
And how long does it take for Hep c and Hiv to show up in your blood work?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
As I always tell persons in the health field - report your concerns to your superior the same day the event in question happens.
It sounds like you are extremely low risk. I would discuss the exact nature of the exposure with your boss - the bore of the needle, were you were gloves, source patient, nature of the exposure, etc...to determine if you need testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Seroconverting After Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Hairy Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.