|Needle prick by a Hep c patient
May 25, 2009
I am a student in dental school. Recently I accidentally pricked myself with a needle of a patient with hep c. Immediately I put iodine . Also, the needle had no blood just mucosa from his mouth. Can you please advice what should I do? i am really worried for this and cannot calm down. I have seen a similar question - but my situation is that the needle had no blood. Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I want you to see your student health service since you should report ALL exposures in the health care field as soon as they occur. The health service will get testing for you and will advise appropriately for your specific circumstance.
hepatitis virus lifespan in bottle of tattoo ink
hand washing (aids and hep c)
- Serodiscordant Couples Unprotected Sex
- Are Dentists At Risk For Hiv With Hiv Positive Patients?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- If I Have Sex With A Man Who Is Hiv Negative Then Can I Get Hiv?
- How Soon After Hiv Exposure Do Symptoms Occur?
- Angular Cheilitis And Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.