Needle prick by a Hep c patient

I am a student in dental school. Recently I accidentally pricked myself with a needle of a patient with hep c. Immediately I put iodine . Also, the needle had no blood just mucosa from his mouth. Can you please advice what should I do? i am really worried for this and cannot calm down. I have seen a similar question - but my situation is that the needle had no blood. Thanks in advance.

I want you to see your student health service since you should report ALL exposures in the health care field as soon as they occur. The health service will get testing for you and will advise appropriately for your specific circumstance.

hepatitis virus lifespan in bottle of tattoo ink
hand washing (aids and hep c)