|Please interpret the lab result
May 25, 2009
HBsAg reactive h4270 count Anti Hbs non reactive HbeAg non reactive Anti Hbe reactive Anti Hbc IgM non reactive Anti Hbc IgG reactive What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
If your HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) is reactive, then you have chronic hepatitis B infection. Now you need to know if it is active. You should get HBV DNA testing to see if the virus is in your bloodstream. I would also check liver function tests (ALT/AST)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Rectal Bleeding An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute Afraid I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.