|how to eradicate hepatitis from thebody?
May 25, 2009
I am a chronic hepatitis b carrier. I want to know if there are some ways to completely eradicate this virus from my body?
Response from Dr. McGovern
For hepatitis B we use the word "viral suppression" rather than eradicate, because Hepatitis B cannot be "cured". HOwever, the infection can improve dramatically with treatment. Several drugs are available for treatment including entecavir, tenofovir, telbivudine, pegylated interferon, lamivudine, and adefovir.
Cured of Hep C : can I donate organs?
High AST and ALT levels
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- Vitamins To Help Fight Genital Warts
- Vitamins That Suppress Herpes Outbreaks
- Things You Shouldn't Do If You Have Chlamydia
- Things That Look Like Genital Warts But Are Not
- Syphilis And The Immune System
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.