|how to eradicate hepatitis from thebody?
May 25, 2009
I am a chronic hepatitis b carrier. I want to know if there are some ways to completely eradicate this virus from my body?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
For hepatitis B we use the word "viral suppression" rather than eradicate, because Hepatitis B cannot be "cured". HOwever, the infection can improve dramatically with treatment. Several drugs are available for treatment including entecavir, tenofovir, telbivudine, pegylated interferon, lamivudine, and adefovir.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does It Mean To Have Herpes Antibodies?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Herpes?
- Getting Treatment For Genital Warts When Can I Have Sex Again
- Risk Of Transmission Of Herpes From A Toilet
- Symptoms Of Chlamydia After Treatment
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.