|Please explain these tests
May 25, 2009
HBsAg 317.51 S/N REACTIVE Anti Hbe_2 0.40 S/CO REACTIVE HBe_2 0.24 S/CO NONREACTIVE HCV_3 0.61 S/CO NONREACTIVE
Thank you for your help
| Response from Dr. McGovern
For your hepatitis B, you have evidence of HBsAg which means you have chronic infection. However, I don't know if it is active without testing your HBV DNA - a measure of active virus in your bloodstream.
Your HCV antibody is nonreactive which means that you were not infected with Hepatitis C in the past.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Touching Vaginal Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.