|HBsAG .46 S/N negative HbsAb
May 25, 2009
i got a needle prick last january w/ hep b (lantus needle)pt.i was vaccinated 10 yrs ago. i do the bld test shows low.then i recieved immunoglobulin + 3 doses of hepa b vaccine. after 3 months i do the blood test result shows: HBsAg 0.46 S/N negative HBsAb >1000.0 mIU/ml reactive Flags: >.high pls give me some explanation of my result. am i infected w/ hep b? thank you. more power.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Since your surface antigen (HBsAg) is negative, you are not infected.
After vaccination, you want to see your surface antibodies (HBsAb) high - this means you are protected against infection. This is a good result.
what should i do..
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.