|HBeAg is Negative & Anti HBeAg is Positive
May 4, 2009
May 04, 2009
Dear Barabara, Hope you are doing fine. Please see my status as follows:
I was HBsAg positive from November 2006 with DNA positive. After eight months of treatment (Adefovir 10 Mg) DNA comes negative. My status as follows :
1. DNA negative : two times ( last done one year ago) plan to do next month again.
2. HBeAg is Negative & Anti HBeAg is Positive from beginning.
3. Present treatment on Sevibo 600 ( taking the medicine last 6 months as per doctor advise)
1. Please advise me whether i can stop medicine if DNA come negative again as HBeAg is Negative & Anti HBeAg is Positive?
2. Is their any possibility to come back the DNA positive though it was found Negative again ( three times)
3. Do it harmful if i continue the medicine as DNA is negative
Doctor , I am sorry for big question but i appreciate your best support and prompt response in this respect.
Response from Dr. McGovern
If I understand this correctly you have HBeAg negative infection and have attained viral suppression on therapy. This is excellent news! However, patients with eAg negative infection will often relapse when therapy is stopped so chronic therapy is indicated until better treatment is available.
cleared hep c or not?
HCV from Bloodstain
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Anal Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.