inherited hepa b

hi. i am reactive with hepa b. my mother is also reactive on with the said virus.pls help me with what to do since the facilities in my hometown is very limited.

If both you and your mother are "reactive" to hepatitis B surface antigen, you have chronic hepatitis B infection. However, it could be inactive or active depending on whether or not you have virus in your bloodstream. Furthermore, some people have virus, but do not have any abnormalities of their liver tests - they are "immune tolerant" and usually don't have significant liver disease. However, all patients with HBV need follow-up at least every six months.

If you have a sexual partner or other household members, you will want to tell them to get tested and to get vaccinated if they have not been exposed. If you can get further laboratory testing, you will want to know if you have virus in your blood (HBV DNA) and liver function tests (ALT/AST). The DNA test is expensive so I am not sure it will be available for you.

Pedi/Teen - HIV/HCV Treatment
cleared hep c or not?