The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pls help... im afraid, what should i do..?
Apr 27, 2009

i am a 24 year old lady with a 4 year old son.. we are both have hepatitis B.. i am now reactive and my son is active.. what is the difference of this.. what should i take..? is there a chance to clear this up..? pls help me... i cant sleep! and very depress of it... pls.... pls...

Response from Dr. McGovern

Not all people require hepatitis B treatment. You need to see a liver specialist along with your son to determine whether you have evidence of liver disease by blood testing. If it is unclear by bloods, then you may need a liver biopsy.

No treatment will be offered unless you have evidence of ongoing inflammation and fibrosis (scarring).

hcv and hiv coninfection..time peroid
cd4 and t-cells

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint