Co-Infected and HCV Symptoms

I just turned 28 and in my prime cleared my HBV infection after 10 years. I am HBE-AG negative for the last 2 years with normal LFT. But today I just learned that I am co-infected with HIV/HCV after reporting liver symptoms to my doctor. Testing identify HCV and then HIV "I am shocked". My symptoms feel like what I went through during my acute phase 10 years ago. Today the symptoms are much worse and long lasting.

The question, could HIV be causing this or my old HBV infection fighting HIV and HCV. I read that having both can cause long lasting acute symptoms.

Is this possible so early in the acute phase and is this a sign that I will develop liver cancer/fibroiss quickly.

What treatment options should I be discussing with my doctors.

Sorry for the long message but please help.

Danny

You ask a good question. I would consider retesting your hepatitis B status to be certain that your infection has not reactivated.

The good news is that if your hepatitis B has reactivated, there are several treatments for HIV that also have a good effect on hepatitis B. You will need to discuss this further with your physician. I also don't know the status of your HIV disease.

HIV and HBV
Hep B test results...need explaining