|core antibodies help pls.
Apr 20, 2009
Hello Doctor, Are hep b core antibodies total infectious/contagious? results are: Hep b surface antigen - Negative, Hep b surface antibody - Positive and Hep b core antibodies total Positive. i keep wondering if core antibodies are contagious/or infectious.?? please help me thank you.
Response from Dr. McGovern
No antibodies are protective.
Viruses are contagious - like a person with active virus in their blood with HBV DNA is contagious.
You are surface antigen negative so you don't have chronic infection - just past exposure. Your body cleared it. Hence the positive core and surface antibodies.
Hepatitis C, Please help totally confused and worried!!!
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Cold Feet After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.