|HBV DNA testing ??
Apr 20, 2009
hello Dr. I would like to know would a HBV DNA be required with these results? Hepatitis b core ab. total Positive Hepatitis b surface ab. Positive >500.0 and Hepatitis b surface Antigen-Negative. What would HBV DNA turn out negative or positive? Thanks Doc.
Response from Dr. McGovern
HBV DNA is not needed because your test is consistent with past exposure to hepatitis B virus with subsequent clearance. You do NOT have chronic disease because your surface antigen is non-reactive.
- Is Headache A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Bloody Nose After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- Is It Possible To Have Sores On You Private Part Without It Being An Std?
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted In Makeup?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.