|HBV DNA testing ??
Apr 20, 2009
hello Dr. I would like to know would a HBV DNA be required with these results? Hepatitis b core ab. total Positive Hepatitis b surface ab. Positive >500.0 and Hepatitis b surface Antigen-Negative. What would HBV DNA turn out negative or positive? Thanks Doc.
Response from Dr. McGovern
HBV DNA is not needed because your test is consistent with past exposure to hepatitis B virus with subsequent clearance. You do NOT have chronic disease because your surface antigen is non-reactive.
- Is Testicular Pain An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Flu Symptoms After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Can Flagyl Cure Chlamydia?
- 16 Week Negative Rapid Hiv Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.