|HBV DNA testing ??
Apr 20, 2009
hello Dr. I would like to know would a HBV DNA be required with these results? Hepatitis b core ab. total Positive Hepatitis b surface ab. Positive >500.0 and Hepatitis b surface Antigen-Negative. What would HBV DNA turn out negative or positive? Thanks Doc.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
HBV DNA is not needed because your test is consistent with past exposure to hepatitis B virus with subsequent clearance. You do NOT have chronic disease because your surface antigen is non-reactive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Do Shingles Look Like When They Are Drying Up?
- What Are The Odds Of My Partner Having Genital Warts And Me Not?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Western Blot Blood Test For Herpes
- Ways Of Passing Hpv To Children
- How Can You Tell The Difference Between Zit And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.