Apr 20, 2009
I am a paramedic and frequently get exposed to blood. Recently after blood donation, i got a letter that informed me that i had Hep C antibody detected in my blood, but RIBA and HCV NAT test did not detect any thing. Do i need any more testing or should i be confident that i had false positive test. please reply!
Response from Dr. McGovern
Your RIBA is all you need. Your ELISA was a false positive test. You don't need any more testing.
Be certain to be vaccinated against Hepatitis B.
Treatment of Rash when on Copegasys
HBV DNA testing ??
- Are Red Spots A Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Stinging Pain A Sign Of HIV?
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.