|hcv and oral sex
Apr 16, 2009
I am very scared. I met a man and have fallen for him. He has hcv and i had oral sex with him and am worried that i may contract it thru his sperm. please help.
Response from Dr. McGovern
This would be highly unlikely from oral intercourse. I wouldn't even recommend testing. Sexual intercourse can uncommonly lead to HCV transmission - this low risk (of about 2%) can be brought down to zero with condoms.
Anal intercourse with rectal tearing is associated with greater risk due to associated bleeding.
what type hepatitis?
- Runny Nose Sign Of Seroconversion
- Runny Nose Worried It Could Be Ars
- Testing Negative After Sex With A Prostitute
- Bloody Pee After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.